Are you an event planner that’s ready to kick your event experience into high-gear? Start by making sure you’re getting the most out of your event app! Our simple, actionable tips ensure that you, your attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors get the most out of your event app!
- Know your attendees. If they are part of an established community, and are likely to interact and discuss the event, send out app invites and reminders early to get them started. If not, we recommend reaching out 3-4 weeks before the event takes place.
- No surprises. Begin mentioning the app and its key features early and often. Familiarize your attendees with the importance of the app before you invite them to use it.
- Weekly contact. Contact attendees weekly after the launch and twice in the week leading up to the conference, trade show, or hosted buyer event.
- Tuesday at 10am. Our experience shows Tuesday morning is the best time to reach people via email.
- Educate. Include links to our app usage guide in your emails and offer helpful pointers on the website.
- Visuals. Include promotional posters or fliers at your event to explain what the app is and what it does.
- Repeat Yourself. Have the opening event speaker mention the app, how to download it, and what it does.
- Play Games. Encourage your attendee’s competitive spirit and increase engagement by highlighting the gaming portion of the app. Remind them that the app is the only way to participate.
- Give Prizes. Make sure your gaming challenges include good prizes. Consider awarding a prize to a randomly selected attendee for activating their account.